Winning is Everything

I sometimes (often) think I'm a might too competitive.

Saturday night, we were at a party at some friends' house. The host is a guy I've known since 5th grade and his wife (before she was his wife) used to work with me at my previous gig so I've known her well over 10 years now. They have an 8 year old son who's pretty darn smart and knows it.

They have Scene It set up to play on their TV. I've never played but I was willing to try. It was me, Steven, the 8 year old and another kid around the same age. I built up a pretty big lead in the first two rounds then handed my controller over to another grown up because he seemed like he really wanted to play.

He proceeded to tank it, lost my huge lead and the 8 year old won the game.

Since it's his home game, I figured he had an unfair advantage. He already knew how to play and has seen a lot of the questions. Clearly, he needed to be shown up. I got my controller back and we started another game.

Yep, I whipped them all. While the 8 year old made a good effort and came in second, I was several thousand points ahead of him.

I am somewhat ashamed to admit that I rubbed it in a little bit, too. He took it well but I think I'm going to have a pretty good battle on my hands next time. I say, "Bring it on!" It will just make my next victory that much sweeter.

Popular posts from this blog

February 2020

March 2020

May 2020