Book Review - Child 44

Child 44 Child 44 by Tom Rob Smith



My review


rating: 4 of 5 stars

This book lived up to its hype. If its portrayal of the Stalin USSR era is anywhere close to reality, I don't know how anyone survived. The incredible poverty, paranoia, fear and blind obedience described was overwhelmingly depressing. The fact that some people on our planet live today in those same circumstances saddens me.

I usually give books about child killings a wide berth because they upset me. Child 44 was no exception to that. The killer was creepy and the murders were horrific. The story of how the main characters continued to pursue the killer while trying to evade the state was quite suspenseful, though, and worth the read.

View all my reviews.

Popular posts from this blog

February 2020

March 2020

May 2020