Tree Talk

I decided not to put up my Christmas tree this year. I didn't think Christmas and demons would mix well together and I'm right.

Going completely decoration free isn't for me so I picked up a 2 foot pre-lit tree at Michael's yesterday along with some miniature ornaments. The tree is silver tinsel so it's tacky yet festive. I put most of the ornaments on but left off 10 of the snowflakes because I didn't want to overdo it and I thought they would look cute on packages.

I put the tree on my entertainment center, in front of the stereo and next to the TV. George followed my every move as I dropped the extension cord down the back, reached under to plug it in and then finally plugged in the tree.

It's actually cute. I'd post a picture but the Pirate Captain has absconded with my camera's memory card.

A little bit later, I caught George next to the tree trying to take off one of the snowflakes with her teeth. My instinct was to squirt her but she's gotten clever and hides behind things. Most of her body was behind the tree and I was afraid I'd hit that or the TV so I had to physically shoo her off.

A little bit later than that, I noticed she was scrambling at the front door. An investigation revealed a snowflake ornament caught between the screen door and the doorframe. She'd taken the remaining ornaments out of the package on the table and scattered them. Those have been gathered up and locked in a drawer.

Not putting up my big tree is really looking like a smart move. I fully expect to get home from work and find the little tree completely mangled. I can live with that. If I came home to find my big tree with the several hundred of glass ornaments that I've collected over the years mangled, I don't think George could live with it.

Popular posts from this blog

February 2020

March 2020

May 2020