I Love This Bar

Tales from Utah continued...

Gary and I had a beer while we chatted about our drive up but I was jonesing to go to The Horse. Lewie had thought about joining us there but the nasty storm made him think otherwise. Wisely so as the roads were icky.

It was like meeting up with an old friend when I walked through the door of the bar. Michelle was behind the counter playing bartender. Her Dad, Mike, was propped up in his usual corner of the bar in the kitchen door and her Mom, Annette, was sitting with some ladies enjoying a beer. I said hi to everyone and introduced The Rocket Scientist as a couple of the guys made room for us at the bar.

Dave was there. We spent some quality time chatting last year. He works at the nice restaurant next door so he pops over to The Horse before and after his shift and during his breaks. Interesting cat.

I asked Michelle what was new and she said, "Well, since you were here last I finished my Accounting degree and I'll be looking for a job after the beginning of the year." I thought it was pretty cool that she remembered the last time I was there (it was in June). I asked about her husband, Phil, and whether he'd been hired on full-time by the state or if he was still contracting.

I know these people. And, I find that so cool.

People started rotating in and out and Michelle was replaced by Kelly, the night time bartender. Gary was buying drinks for people, they were buying drinks for us, I bought drinks for people...it was a party! Good thing we had dinner in there or we would have been totally schnockered.

Mike showed someone a bottle of beer called Horse Piss that he'd gotten. We started talking about what an unappealing name that was for a drink and he asked if we'd ever had a Horse Piss Shot. I said no and he said he would buy me one if I drank it right then. I never turn down a free drink, so...

Horse Piss is a shot of Tequila immediately followed by a shot of dill pickle juice.

It wasn't that bad though I saw lots of people wincing when I did it. The vinegar in the juice completely wipes away any taste of the Tequila which is a good thing for me. It's all I can do to hold down a Tequila shot. Ultimately, it just tasted like I'd eaten a pickle. I like pickles so it was no big thing. Would I do it again? Probably not. Unless, someone bought it for me, of course.

I finally made the call for one more round and the check. I think it was around 11 but I'm sure TRS will know for sure. Gary drove us by Roy's (the town he lives in which is right next to Ogden) holiday light display on our way home. It was beautiful. They had all of the trees literally draped in different colored lights.

Bed felt good after we finally hit the sack. The plan was to wake up whenever then go to breakfast before we headed on over to Park City.

To be continued...

Popular posts from this blog

February 2020

March 2020

May 2020