Saturday in Brrrr, Utah

After the storm holdup in Provo, we weren't sure how long it would take us to get from Roy to Park City. The mountain route that Gary and I drove last time was clearly out. That road was going to be nasty even if it were actually open. So, we decided to head back to SLC then to Park City right after breakfast.

The road was much better than we thought it would be so we got to Park City earlier than planned. I took TRS on a little sightseeing trip. He got to see Gary and my Albertson's, the resort that we stay at, where I saw the cows and we also drove up to Olympic Park. I explained as much as I could remember from our tour and offered that we could go into the visitor center but that would require getting out of the car. TRS said, "Nah, I've seen it." He dislikes the cold as much as I.

Our next stop was Lewie and Charlotte's house to drop off our stuff. The Edwards family, TRS and I jumped into Charlotte's vehicle for Lewie's birthday lunch in Park City.

I learned something new at lunch. Apparently, the Edwards clan can't order straight from the menu. Each of them had to modify their lunch order. TRS and I did not. We're low maintenance that way. The only person who got their lunch served correctly was Charlotte. The waitress mixed up Lewie and TRS' plates, split Jennifer's salad between her and Ashley and put their bacon on my burger. Oh well, it was still tasty.

We had some time to kill until we needed to leave for the party so we stopped by Blockbuster. Lewie and I were the only ones brave enough to leave the car so we picked the film. Well, we tried. Lewie's seen most of the new releases so it came down to Get Smart and Journey to the Center of the Earth. I decided on the former because I knew that Steve Carell is pretty funny. Lewie put the other movie back and we checked out.

Once we were back in the car, Lewie handed the movie to TRS who asked what we got. We said Get Smart and he looked at what Lewie had handed to him and asked me if I had a movie with me. I said no and he didn't say anything else.

Yeah, Lewie had put back Get Smart and we ended up with Journey to the Center of the Earth.

Oy vey, it was bad. I think the target audience might be 10 year old boys because I can't think of anyone else who would find it even remotely entertaining. This comes from someone who really likes Brendan Fraser, too.

After the flick, Ashley and I played Guitar Hero. She kicked my butt, of course. TRS took a few turns at it and did better than I. It was fun, though. I can see how it could become addictive.

We were off to the party after that.

To be continued...

Popular posts from this blog

February 2020

March 2020

May 2020