It Would Only Happen To Me

At least I always get a story out of my mishaps…

I was chatting with my boss in my office and reached for the hand lotion when I noticed that one of my thumb rings was missing. Oh no! I only take it off when I'm putting on lotion or baking (which happens about once or twice a year).

It was a ring that I've had for a very long time. I got it back when I was a bookseller and my friend Jeromy gave it to me. He and his wife had gotten matching rings and, for some reason that I can't recall now, he decided to give me his. It wasn't his wedding ring and she didn't mind. I even gave him a chance to take it back but he wanted me to keep it.

Before I met with my boss, I'd gone to the restroom and before that I was in our little kitchen area. I retraced my steps and even went through the bathroom trash to see if it had come off when I threw away my paper towel. No luck. The best I could do at that point was tell our receptionist to let me know if someone found it. We're pretty good at turning things in around here.

A couple of hours later, I headed back to the restroom. This time to use the facilities not to do a search. I got into the stall, faced forward then dropped trou and sat in one movement. There was a loud rattle sound then a splash that put water all over my butt. Fortunately, I investigated before doing anything else.

Apparently, my ring had gotten trapped in my jeans and/or underwear and it fell into the toilet. I scooped it out, did my best to dry off my ass and both the ring and my scooping hand got a thorough scouring with hot soap and water.

I'm happy to have my ring back. I just wish it hadn't turned into a bathroom story because it's really not proper to talk about what happens in there.

Popular posts from this blog

February 2020

March 2020

May 2020