Book Review - Ghost Story

Ghost Story (The Dresden Files,  #13)Ghost Story by Jim Butcher

My rating: 3 of 5 stars

When we last left Wizard Harry Dresden, he was, well, he was dead. How do you continue a series from there? Make him a ghost!

Harry finds himself in an afterworld and is given a choice to move on or go back to his beloved Chicago and help his friends who are in danger. Being Harry, he goes back. He's a loyal friend past the end, apparently.

Chicago is in a mess with lots of nasty paranormals trying to take over and Harry's friends trying to defend the city. There's the typical Harry smart mouth comments, self doubt and ceaseless attempt to do good by others (unless they're bad guys). Things were pretty bleak for his peeps, especially Murphy. I hope they lighten up for her in the next book. I think she's a great character.



View all my reviews

Comments

Kate said…
I'm partway through listening to the audio book - it's just not the same without James Marsters narrating.

The new guy is OK, but the story cries out for James' biting sarcasm and timing.
Cheesehead said…
I've never listened to a book on tape but for James Marsters I might just have to start!

Popular posts from this blog

February 2020

March 2020

May 2020