Sweet!

The Rocket Scientist and I went to dinner tonight with long-time friends of mine, Mark and Eileen. Eileen and I used to work together way, way, way back in the day and we've kept in touch ever since. I've been to a couple of Buffett shows with them and, despite being from Chicago, they actually rooted for the Packers. So, good people. Clearly.

When we got to the restaurant, there was a flat, wrapped package waiting for me. I opened it to find this:


Yep, a musical relic. A vinyl record from 1978. How cool is that!?!?!

Man, just looking at the old pictures of those hippies and seeing the band members who are no more brought back memories.

Who wouldn't want to party with these folks? I bet there was a lot of drinking, drugging and screwing going on in this group. Oh, the stories that may never be told.

Mark and Eileen found the album at a used record store. Are they even called record stores anymore? Used music store just doesn't sound right. The price was right: $3.99. Regardless of whether I have a turntable or not (and that was discussed) it was a great gift.

As an added bonus, the wrapping had Cheesehead jokes and stories on it. This one made me laugh out loud:

John Elway, after living a full life, died. When he got to heaven, God was showing him around. They came to a modest little house with a faded Broncos flag in the window.

"This house is yours for eternity, John," said God. "This is very special; not everyone gets a house up here."

John felt special, indeed, and walked up to his house.

On his way up the porch, he noticed another house just around the corner. It was a 3-story mansion with a Green and Gold sidewalk, a 50 foot tall flagpole with an enormous Packers logo flag and, in every window, a Cheesehead!

John looked at God and said "God, I'm not trying to be ungrateful but I have a question. I was an all-pro QB, I won 2 Super Bowls and I even went to the Hall of Fame."

God said "So what do you want to know, John?"

"Well, why does Brett Favre get a better house than me?"

God chuckled and said "John, that's not Brett Favre's house, it's mine."

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

February 2020

March 2020

May 2020