I Love Suited Connectors

We played chick poker tonight. It's dealer's choice but most of us pick Texas Hold 'Em. The bets are limited and the small blind is a quarter, big is fifty cents.

I looked at my hold cards and had 8-10 of spades so I called. There was a raise and re-raise between Cyndi and Angela so it was $1 to see the flop. I paid it and two more spades came out. More raises and re-raises as we got to the river which was the king of spades, giving me the flush.

The both very, very proudly turned over their pocket Aces. Yep, each of them had pocket rockets. And they lost to my flush on the river. I've never gotten to crack two pairs of Aces before. That was sweet!

Morgan told me I had no business staying in after the initial raises before the flop and he's right. I just can't help myself with suited connectors and I know I can often outplay them so I stayed in and it worked.

What also worked for me is they had the Aces. I know the odds say that's the best starting hand in Hold 'Em but they have effed me more often than not so I believe they're an evil starting hand. It was nice to get a little revenge against those cards.

BTW, I ended up cashing out $55 which was a $35 profit. Not bad for a night with the girls

Popular posts from this blog

February 2020

March 2020

May 2020