My Friends Are Weird

While I was getting ready for work on Monday morning, I opened the cabinet under my bathroom sink to get a cotton swab. Sitting right in front on top of the swab box was an omelet maker in a box.

That stumped me.

I couldn't imagine how it got there nor could I recall ever owning an omelet maker. I'm slightly allergic to eggs so omelets make me feel really crappy. I wondered if someone had given it me and I'd just stuffed it under the sink because I lack storage but then I couldn't figure out how it had moved to the front. Unless a fairly big critter had been crawling under there and moved it. Those damn raccoons. They get into everything!

I took the box out and put it on my kitchen counter to examine it. It was pretty dusty so it could have been under there a while. I was actually afraid to open it and found its sudden appearance creepy so I just left it there and went to work.

My first query was to Steven. "Do you know anything about the omelet maker under the bathroom sink?" He was completely confused by the question and it didn't help that my Mom was in the background trying to tell him that they'd bought me a new pan for Christmas. It was a cast iron pan with ridges in it so not at all an omelet pan. I don't know what she was thinking.

My second query was to the chick poker group. I said, "Does anyone know anything about the omelet maker I found or do I have a ghost who likes to deliver small appliances?"

Turns out, it's a traveling gag gift. One of my friend's boyfriend always gets ridiculous gifts from his Step-Mother for Christmas and it was this year's gift. He conveniently left it at my friend's house so she snuck it in to another friend's at our last poker game. That friend snuck it into my place and now I've got to somehow pass it on without being caught.

It really is a cheesy gift. The price tag on it is $5.99 so his Step-Mother must not like him very much or she's just incredibly bad at gift giving.

Popular posts from this blog

February 2020

March 2020

May 2020