Book Review - Dead Man Rising

Dead Man Rising - A Dante Valentine Novel by Lilith Saintcrow is the second in the series. It starts up a year after the first book ended with Dante still grieving from the loss of her lover and recovering physically from her battle to the death with a demon.

I like the world that Saintcrow has created. I like the supporting characters. But, I don't like Dante that much. Or, at least I didn't. She just was too much of a bee-atch to her friends, always angry and bitter and self absorbed.

In this book though, we get insight into Dante's past that explains a lot about her psyche. She has to face her past in a horrific boarding school while tracking down someone who's killing (in an exceptionally gruesome way) some of her former schoolmates.

It was a good story with some real surprises in it. I look forward to the next book and I hope we find a less gloomy Dante in it.

Popular posts from this blog

February 2020

March 2020

May 2020