Sunday Fun

I'm not sure exactly how the plan got agreed to but The Rocket Scientist and I made beer today. We've talked about it before and it became an official plan on Friday night. He's got all of the hardware already and went to the brewery place yesterday to get the fixings. The recipe is called Midnight Marzen and it's supposed to resemble Negro Modelo.

We cooked it all up while watching the Atlanta race. Good thing I had beer to concentrate on because Jimmie had a rough day which translates into Kathy having a rough day along with a big dose of profanity. Man, his car looked bad and I would have been really gloomy if all I did today was watch the race.

Fortunately, I got to play with hops (they look like rabbit pellets), barley, Irish Moss and other assorted grains. It was one big science experiment to me. We have two weeks before we transfer it to a secondary fermenter then another two weeks until bottling.

I can't wait to see how it turns out!

Popular posts from this blog

February 2020

March 2020

May 2020