I Think This Makes Me Old

I'm using a new conditioner on my hair. The bottle has a pump on it (whereas my old one had a squeeze top) and as I pumped some into my hand the first time, it reminded me of something that I just couldn't place. It took the little man in my head a while to retrieve the data but it looked exactly like Silly Sand.


Silly Sand is soooo old that I had a heck of a time even finding an image for it. I'm not sure what the purpose was except we made lots of weird spires of various colors. Apparently, it hasn't lasted the test of time very well since it's not even in Wikipedia.


I don't think I ever owned Silly Sand. I have a very vague recollection of playing with it at some older cousins' house when I was a wee lass. They had Creepy Crawlers, too. I thought those were way cool but I didn't like making the bugs. Even back then, I was more into the pretty flowers.

Popular posts from this blog

February 2020

March 2020

May 2020