Sad Day

What kind of Cheesehead would I be if I didn't comment on Brett Favre's retirement? Not a very good one, I think.

I actually thought he would come back another year since he had so much fun this past season but I also wasn't surprised that he's getting out. He's got an incredible career behind him. 17 years of thrills, lots of records and a season that ended on a high. Well, sort of on a high. Losing to the Giants was a bummer but no one expected the Pack to do very well last year and they were awesome. OK, losing to the Bears twice was bad but still...

Did I say years of thrills? I did and they weren't always good ones. I remember the pain of the early years when, just when it couldn't possibly be a worse time, Brett would throw one of his many interceptions. Hmmmm, kind of like that Giants game.

We suffered through some rough seasons but we had some great ones, too. You can't argue with winning a Super Bowl and 3 MVPs. I do have to admit that giving that second Super Bowl away to John Elway will always burn my soul though.

Ultimately, I say "Good for Brett." He's getting out while he's still in relatively good shape. He's a shoe-in for the Hall of Fame and he was an awesome and awe inspiring competitor. (That may be redundant but I don't care.)

Thanks, #4, for some great memories!

Popular posts from this blog

February 2020

March 2020

May 2020