Any Bets On How Long This Will Last?

I'm on a new health kick. After watching half of the weight I lost doing Weight Watchers last year come creeping back on, I decided it was time to seriously do something.

I eat lunch out at work every day and it's hardly ever healthy. I eat dinner out a lot, too, and when I'm home it's usually a Healthy Choice or a piece of barely cooked cow. Hmmmm, cow. All washed down with lots of vino, of course. If I can remember to bring a piece of fruit or some veggies to work for a snack, I eat them but more often that not, I end up getting something out of our candy box. So, pretty much my diet is crap.

I know, I know, there's that whole "exercise" thing that apparently does wonders and that everyone tells me about but let's get real. This Princess don't sweat so that's just plain out. That leaves diet as the controllable option and I've got a plan.

Starting tomorrow, I'm getting a weekly delivery of organic fruits and vegetables right to my front door. A friend from work has been using the service for a while and she really likes it. They pick out a variety of what to send you but always include staples like lettuce, tomatoes, apples and such.

She got sugar beets two weeks ago and had no idea what to do with them. However, they gave her a recipe to use so she was covered. They tell you ahead of time what you're getting so if there's something you find completely repellent (like brussels sprouts, ugh) on the list, they'll change it. You can also do special requests. For the most part, I'm going to take what they send me. Who knows? I might find something new that I really like.

The one thing about Weight Watchers is that it makes you eat lots of veggies (or you go hungry) so this will be good for me. I already know the veggie things work to help me lose weight and, since I won't want to waste my weekly supply, I'll have to eat them.

There's another part to the plan, too. We had a book fair at work today and I picked up three cookbooks for my newfound health zeal. One is for crockpots and the other two are 30 minute meals from Rachel Ray. They aren't all low fat/low cal recipes but it's got to be healthier to make fresh stuff than to ingest all the preservatives from my TV dinners.

Of course, I have a whole shelf of cookbooks already but they don't promise to be fast and they don't all have really appealing pictures of the finished dish. (Pictures that I will never be able to match and will no doubt feel like a kitchen failure because of that fact.)

We'll see how it goes...if I can make the time to do some food prep, I think I can get this to last a while. It will also help if I do some cooking for guests so Grandpa's going to be on the hook for some experiments and I know my parents would come over every night of the week if I let them. Now, if I could just persuade some Tasty Morsels to drop by for dinner, it would be a perfect world. I might even be persuaded to do a little 'working out', if you know what I mean, wink, wink, nudge, nudge.

Popular posts from this blog

February 2020

March 2020

May 2020