Freaking Me Out

We had a fierce dust storm tonight. I got home just as it hit and it was nasty. Shorty called me to find out where I was because, if I'd still been at work, he was going to tell me to stay there.

Clearly, he doesn't thing I'm a grown up.

Anywhoo, the wind has been blowing all evening. My wind charm's been going like crazy (then suddenly stops long enough to make me miss it), the patio door is rattling and I keep hearing things crashing by outside. And by outside, it sounds like it's all going on out on my patio. There's been enough stuff moving to keep my motion detecting light going like a strobe. To top it off, the cats decided to take a run across my roof.

I think it was the cats. I hope it was the cats. It sounded more like full grown axe murderers.

And now, suddenly, it's deadly silent. Just like in the movies when all of a sudden something jumps out and scares the Bejezuz out of you. Scary...where's a roommate when you need one?

I think I'm going to jump into bed and pull the covers up over my head and pray for daylight.

Popular posts from this blog

February 2020

March 2020

May 2020