George's Horrible Day

I feel like the meanest Mommy alive. My poor baby had a very, very bad day.

It started out nice enough. We had lovins at 5:30 and 6:00 this morning then she spent a good half hour dismantling her new toy. She was quite perky considering that I took her food dish away from her at 8 last night.

The first sign that it was going to be a bad day was when I put in her in her carrier. The second sign was the long (to her) car ride. She cried the whole way over. I told her, "You're going to be wishing you were back riding in this car in a little while."

That didn't stop the crying but walking into the Vet's office did. She was suddenly mute and tried to curl herself up into the smallest furball ever. I wonder if she thinks they won't be able to find her if she's quiet and tiny?

They saw me coming when they made out the price list for her spaying. They asked me if I wanted to add an IV that they would use to put her under and have in there "in case something happens" and they needed to give her something quickly. Of course, I said yes. This is my baby, after all. Then they said they could do the laser option which is supposed to hurt less and let her heal faster. Again, it's my baby. Money is no object.

Well, it might be an object. The Rocket Scientist said he knows a guy who spent over two grand on his dog's kidney surgery. I don't have kidney surgery money so let's hope it never comes to that.

Worst. Day. Ever.

I stressed all morning waiting to hear that she came out of surgery OK. Fortunately, they called while I was at lunch so it was only 3 1/2 hours of anxiety. They told me she was fine and that I could pick her up after 3. I said I'd be there around 5.

I didn't make it that long because I wanted to go get here so I left the office before 4. The woman at the front desk said to me, "That cat has an attitude!" She was cleaning the blankets out of the kennel area and didn't see George because the blanket was white. George apparently gave her quite the stare as she said she apologized and put the blanket back and George promptly crawled under it.

Yeah, I knew she had attitude. But, she doesn't at the moment. She was quiet and unmoving the whole ride home. Once we were here, she got out of her carrier and walked down to my room and laid down on the floor. Then she got up and crouched down like she was going to pee but, fortunately, she doesn't have any fluid in her. I gingerly picked her up and put her in her litter box where she tried again without success.

The next move was to the living room where she wandered around in a crooked line until she pretty much fell over and tried to not pass out. I think she's totally stoned. Her current location is under my bed where I think she'll be hiding for quite a while.

I can give her food again at 8 so that might drag her out of her stupor. I hope so. The poor thing. I did tell her that she's better off in the long run but she's not buying it.

Popular posts from this blog

February 2020

March 2020

May 2020