You Had Me At Jello

Well, we survived another Jello Shot Express without too much liver damage. Well, one guy may have had some since he ended up flying home on Saturday because he was hurting too much from Friday. Rookie! It's a marathon, not a sprint!

The day started bright and early. Too bright and early since Thursday was a very late night. Dawnie did, indeed, make it to Margaritaville. In fact, we stayed there for quite a while. Poor Steven was our driver and he really, really wanted to go home so he could go to bed.

We had closed out our bill and were sitting around BSing when I said, "I'm thirsty. Dawnie, are you thirsty?" Of course, she said yes so we sent him to the bar to fetch us a round. We finished that one off and I said, "I'm still thirsty." Steven cried out, "No!" But, to no avail as Dawnie went up this time for some more brewskis.

We didn't get home until nearly 11 then Dawnie and I had one more beer at home before hitting the sack at 1 AM. The Rocket Scientist and Toby were due to pick us up a little after 6:15 so I set my alarm for 5 so I could shower and pack while Dawnie was in the shower. I hadn't packed one thing because that's just how I roll.

George decided 5 AM was too late, apparently, as I woke up around 4 to hear her demolishing her new electric toy on the hallway floor. Since Dawnie was sleeping on the couch, I was worried about George waking her up. I shouldn't though as she was still sawing logs. I gathered up the toy and George and went back to my room to try to sleep some more. Without a lot of success, I might add.

Cheers!

We got to the Babes on time and the bus was right behind us. Per tradition, we had to wait for Crime Dog to get there before we could leave. At least he's consistent. We collected the rest of the gang on the west side of town then it was off to Vegas. I cracked open my first beer soon after that and was absolutely amazed to see The Rocket Scientist do the same. I fear I am a bad influence.

Bus Virgins.

The Pirate Captain also started to imbide. He poured lots of tequila from his flask into a Diet Pepsi. Lots. But, he said it wouldn't affect him. We stopped at McDonald's in Wickenburg for the traditional Bus Virgin picture and pee break. I'm sure it's not anything to do with the tequila but Rick tried to walk into the women's restroom.

The Pirate Captain Emceed while The Queen judged.

The Jello Shot contest commenced right after we left Wickenburg. Dawnie joined Tammy, the Jello Shot Queen, and I as judges and it's a very serious responsibility. It's also a lot of Jello. There were 24 different shots to evaluate. I'd try to tell you what they all were but my notes became increasingly illegible as the event wore on.

Very fun way to dispense Jello.

After a stop in Kingman, we participated in a Buffett trivia contest courtesy of Kim. Crime Dog actually won with a perfect score.

Unruly Julie won Best Bribe with these Teddy Bears.

We rolled into the Hooter's parking lot a little before 3 which was just in time to start partying by the pool with the rest of our friends.

Popular posts from this blog

February 2020

March 2020

May 2020