Idiots

For the second night in a row, they've closed down McClintock to one lane each way at the intersection with University. I got stuck in it last night and I was annoyed and amazed by the number of people who refuse to just wait their turn in the single lane. There were several people who used the center lane to get to the head of the traffic jam then forced their way in.

Like they're just more important than everyone else?

I forgot about it tonight and got stuck again. As I was waiting, I noticed a new addition to the getting ahead technique. Some people were actually moving to the left and driving in the oncoming traffic lane. Can you think of anything more stupid?

It was inevitable. About three car lengths behind me, one car stopped in the middle lane then tried to pull out to the left (again, into the oncoming traffic lane) while another car decided to go right to that same lane.

Crunch!

Fortunately, they weren't going very fast and it looked like just a few crumpled bumpers.

Of course, now they're going to add to the mess because the cops are going to have to investigate.

Frakking idiots!

Popular posts from this blog

February 2020

March 2020

May 2020