Sorry For The Pause in Posting

I have been having a heck of a time with my Internet connection. Not the usual slowness that I constantly fight but consistent disconnects. First, I blamed Vista. Then, I thought it was my router.

Last night I must have reset the router a half dozen times. This morning, I still couldn't connect. The diagnostic showed I was connected to the router but the router wasn't connected to the Internet. Just to prove that it wasn't my new laptop I brought out my old one and fired it up. That couldn't connect either.

So, I was down to suspecting either the router or the cable modem. Since I've suspected some of my slowness would be resolved with a new modem I decided to go ahead and get a new one. As usual, I took advantage of The Rocket Scientist's good nature to go shopping tonight and then got him to set it up for me.

So far, so good. I haven't disconnected and things actually seem to be working a little faster. Time will tell, though.

Popular posts from this blog

February 2020

March 2020

May 2020