Very Fine Dining

I took Sugar Daddy out for dinner for his birthday tonight. It was actually his birthday dinner for two years ago. I owe him a dinner for last year, too. His restaurant of choice is Donovan's so I need to save my pennies for the bills.

SD sent me an IM today about enjoying a $50 steak. I told him no sides for him at that price but he said they are now included. Well then, it's certainly worth it.

It's a pretty fancy schmancy place. The kind where you have three or four people waiting on you and they refill your water glass after each sip. Not our usual kind of eating out by any means. Oh, and you have to valet your car.

The waiter recited the specials and there was a bone in Porterhouse that I decided sounded good. SD ordered a Rib eye. The food was excellent. My steak might actually have been too rare for me which is saying something.

Since it was his birthday, they gave us a complimentary Creme Brulee to share. That was yummy. Possibly one of the best I've had.

The bill came and I did a mental ouch. My expectation about specials are that they are cheaper. I'm not sure why but I'm apparently very wrong. My dinner was $60! Add in $16 for a glass of Zinfandel plus SD's dinner and tax and, well, I shelled out $167.

We did have a celebrity sighting to end our evening. Al McCoy, voice of the Phoenix Suns for my out of town readers, was a few tables away.

Popular posts from this blog

February 2020

March 2020

May 2020