Appearances Can Be Deceiving...Though They Usually Aren't

We had a speaker in at work today to talk to us about coaching and mentoring. We're going to start a mentoring program which I'm excited about though I have no desire to be a mentor. Because, really, I'm just around to be the "bad" example. But, I think it will be great for the employees who participate.

She was talking about onboarding new employees and how you want to share a little of your life with them for bonding purposes but not too much. She said, "You don't want to tell them that you had way too much to drink on Saturday night and had a hangover."

As she was saying that, she was looking right at my table. I said to the class, "I don't know why she's looking at Karen when she says that." Poor Karen who just happened to be sitting next to me.

I mean, she couldn't have been looking at me, could she? Just because I was wearing a Hawaiian shirt and a Margaritaville lanyard and was drinking out of a Margaritaville cup doesn't mean I'm a serious Saturday night drinker does it?

Does it? <>

Bueller? Bueller? << more crickets chirping>>

Comments

Anonymous said…
I don't know if you were 'outed' or busted!?

Popular posts from this blog

February 2020

March 2020

May 2020