Football Pick 'Em - Week One Miracle


The first week of the football season is always somewhat of a crapshoot when it comes to Pick ‘Em. You just never know who’s going to come out surprisingly strong (Buffalo?!?!) or who’s going to tank (Pittsburgh).

So, I’m happy with my results in the club game because I scored the second most confidence points with my 10-6 record. That puts me one point behind The Jello Shot Prince who went 11-5. There are a handful of us within a few points so it’s not like we dominated. It’s just nice to know I didn’t dig myself a hole to get out of in the first week.

In the category of “it’s better to be lucky than good”, I thought I just assigned the same picks to my work league. But, either I was smoking crack when I set those or gremlins were involved because I ended up going 12-4 and took the week’s top score by one point.

Sweet! I’ll take it regardless of the why. (Seriously, how could I have messed up two picks? Early onset dementia?)

The work game is the money one where we pay off the highest score each week then give some money to the overall top finishers after the season is over. So, I’m already on my way to recouping my $50 investment with this week’s triumph. Yay me!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

February 2020

March 2020

May 2020