Dr. Horrible's Sing-Along Blog


Another thing I'm late to the party to but, thanks to Netflix, I'm all caught up.

I remember when Dr. Horrible's Sing-Along Blog first came out and I thought it sounded quite intriguing. Joss Whedon in charge of a three part series featuring Neil Patrick Harris, Nathan Fillion and Felicia Day (I had no idea who she was then) could be very fun. I worship Joss, want to do Nathan and want to cocktail with NPH. And, now, I want Felicia Day to introduce me to all the cool people she gets to hang out with.

I didn't watch it, though, because it's a musical.

I hate musicals.

I'm so not the "let's break out into song" fan. The only musical I've seen more than once is  Jesus Christ Superstar and I'll see that again, given a chance. Les Mis? Meh. Lion King? It was okay. Yeah, I know I'm in the minority with that view but I can live with it.

However, when I was setting up my preferred list in Netflix, I saw that I could watch it on demand so I threw it in to my queue. Where it sat for ages as I went on a British comedy binge instead.

Last night, I was looking for something to watch during dinner so I decided to give it a try.

I should have known it would be good because it was Joss. He's a genius!

NPH plays Dr. Horrible who's trying to get into the Bad Horse's Evil League of Evil while also trying to muster up the courage to talk to the cute girl (Day) at the laundromat and avoid his archenemy, Captain Hammer (Fillion). The action is split between Dr. Horrible talking into his web cam and scripted action.

Yeah, it was comic book silly but also sweet and ultimately very dark. Because Joss always goes to the dark side. The breaking into song stuff wasn't at all annoying as it was very well done and they all have pretty good voices.

It's only 42 minutes long, so check it out. I suspect it will be an either love or hate thing for most people. I am in the love category.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

February 2020

March 2020

May 2020