Fantastic Night at the Ballpark!

The law firm that my company uses offered two tickets to our VP of HR for tonight's game. She was going to be out of town and I can only surmise that no one in HR wanted to use them because they got offered to me. They weren't just any tickets - they were for the party suite. Free food and booze! How can one say no to that?

Steven and I went to the game hoping that the DBacks would clinch the NL West while we were there. The magic number was only 1 so we just needed to beat the Giants tonight. I must confess, I was a little nervous. The Giants got a lot of hits (9 in 7 innings) off of our starting pitcher but only managed one run. It might have been enough because Arizona kept stranding base runners. It was painful.

However, the boys came through with they tying run in the 7th and tagged on 2 runs in the 8th to move us ahead. The end of the game was awesome with JJ Putz doing what he's been doing all season - kicking ass and taking names. It was so fun to see all of the players run on to the field and celebrate.

Celebrate good times!
It was also nice to see CEO Derrick Hall out there. What a wave of emotions he's gone through. First from finding out he has prostate cancer to then seeing his team make the playoffs. I wish him well in both health and team success.

Oh, yeah, so the party suite. Well, we walked in to an amazing spread. Free beer and wine, paninis, subs, hot dogs, honey roasted peanuts, popcorn and pretzels to start off. Then, they brought in a dessert cart (which Steven and I did not visit). There were huge caramel apples and M&M chocolate covered apples, chocolate cake, brownies, blueberry cheesecake, spongecake with strawberries, Gummy Bears and some sort of poundcake with chocolate drizzled on it.

One could get used to that.

What I had trouble getting used to were the seats. The suite is in the outfield with a huge drop in front of the first row of seats. Huge as in you will most certainly die if you call and probably kill someone below you. I'm terrified of heights so it took me three innings and a Blue Moon before I was comfortable in the second row. There's no way I could have sat in the front.

Ack! A fall to certain death!
It was actually less stressful when I could see the people below.
In fact, I wondered if I should have taken an extra blood pressure pill today because every time someone got up or down in the front row (or crawled over the seat!), I could feel the blood rushing through my veins. My fight or flight instinct was in full mode and it was all I could do to not flee. I finally managed to relax but it wasn't easy.

To give you an idea on how high we were, we were even with the scoreboard
It was a surprisingly good view of the game - you could even see balls and strikes.

What a great baseball evening it was. Seeing the home team clinch the division while enjoying the lap of luxury - life doesn't get much better than that!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

February 2020

March 2020

May 2020