Oh, Vegas, how could you be so unkind?

Worst. Blackjack. Weekend. Ever. I actually don't want to add up my losses because I'll probably cry. It ultimately boiled down to a few truisms: I needed 21 to win. A 20 gave me a push. Anything below 20 was a loss. Of course, being stubborn cost me even more. I just couldn't believe it could on for so long. But, it did. All three days I played were painfully bad. I should have stopped after day one but, dammit, I go to Vegas to gamble. In retrospect, it wasn't so much gambling as paying for really expensive drinks. I tried to minimize my dollars lost to drink ratio at Excalibur and the cocktail waitress obliged. She stopped asking me if I wanted another drink and just brought me a Rum and Coke each time she came by. That was nice. I think they were still $30 drinks, though. Oh, Vegas did give me something back. A raging head cold. Which explains why I'm posting this at 4:25 AM. If I lay down, I just start coughing and draining (ugh) so I'm waiting for a possibly ill-advised dose of Nyquil to kick in that I took at 4. Just a few more hours of uninterrupted sleep is all I ask. Oh, and a small lottery win to get back the money I lost this weekend. That would be nice, too.

Comments

Drifty said…
What's lost in Vegas stays in Vegas

Popular posts from this blog

In Memory of My Mom

Good Time

The Car Gods Laugh