Book Review - A Short History of Private Life

At Home: A Short History of Private LifeAt Home: A Short History of Private Life by Bill Bryson
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

I picked this as our book club selection and chose poorly. It's not a book club book at all. (I've since picked a different one.)

What this book is, is a rather dense history lesson mostly centered in the 1800s. Bryson uses his home, a former parsonage built in England in 1851, as the way to tie in a ton of research. The book is a little over 400 pages long and the references are 20 pages long. That's an incredible amount of detail and research.

It was actually quite interesting and I learned a lot. I don't know how much I'll retain, though, because so much was covered.

View all my reviews

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

In Memory of My Mom

Good Time

The Car Gods Laugh