But, Bacon Is Always Supposed To Be Good!


I never thought I’d say this but it appears some things are better without bacon. I know, it’s near blasphemy.

The Rocket Scientist and I went to D&B for Monday Night Football last night. It was bitterly cold (for us Phoenicians) and I didn’t have a jacket on. My heavy sweater wasn’t enough to combat the elements so I was pretty chilled by the time I got inside.

Since they took my favorite item off the menu (pulled pork sliders), I always have to peruse the entire menu since I can’t find a new favorite. (#firstworldproblems) The Mac and Cheese seemed like a great choice in both warming and comfort food.

Here’s the official description:

Grilled seasoned chicken breast and applewood smoked bacon tossed with Cavatappi pasta and a creamy aged sharp cheddar cheese sauce. Topped with a garlic breadcrumb crust and baked until brown and bubbly.

Sounds yummy, no?

I got it and started eating but was soon more picking at it. The cheese sauce was good but I lost interest about half way through. Of course, the Red Velvet cake from work yesterday might have impacted my appetite. I got the rest of it boxed to take home.

This morning, I heated up the leftovers for breakfast. And, found myself picking through the dish again. I realized that I was subconsciously avoiding the bacon and seeking out the chicken and the pasta.

It could have been that the bacon was undercooked as it wasn’t at all crispy. Or, it was the combination of bacon and cheese. It could also have been that it just wasn’t good bacon.

Regardless, I tossed a bunch of it in the garbage. What a waste of what I consider to be one of the few perfect foods.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

February 2020

March 2020

May 2020