George is not looking good...

When I went to feed George tonight, he didn't swim up to the top of the tank for his worms like he usually does. As a matter of fact, he was down at the bottom of the tank with his head facing the rocks and just sort of lying there. I tapped the side of the tank which startled him and he swam around a little. But, it was more like floundering on his side than swimming.

I called Sugar Daddy and told him, "I think George is dying." He asked if he went after his food at all and, when I told him no, said "That's not good." We both know what a big piggy eater George is.

SD then suggested maybe he just has a cold or is moping (which he is prone to do).

I hope so. I looked up Betta's life spans and it's 3 to 5 years. I've only had George since July.

I freshened up his water and dropped some more food in for him. Hopefully, he perks up by morning.

Popular posts from this blog

February 2020

March 2020

May 2020