I Hope I Don't Burn The House Down

I've been trying to figure out my recent domestic urges in the kitchen arena and I've think I've found two reasons for them.

1. Since I don't have the Sugar Daddy influence on the drive home to pick up restaurant food, I've been eating a lot of Healthy Choice TV dinners and am now craving "real" food.

2. In trying to shift the budget from free-wheeling renter to overly-committed homeowner, the sales at the grocery store on unprepared food are very appealing.

Of course, while I am now trying for the home cooking thing, I'm not saving any money yet since I decided to take Cheap Bastard's cooking tip to heart and plopped down $40 on a crock pot from Tarjay tonight. I can't find the Nesco that I used to have...it's probably tucked away in some forgotten cupboard at Sugar Daddy's. I also bought a meat thermometer so my new found desire for my own cooking doesn't lead to salmonella poisoning. I thought that was a prudent purchase at $8.

In the fridge at the moment is a 4 1/2 pound pork roast (it was the smallest they had and it was on sale) marinating in a soy/ginger/something sauce. I'm going to put it in the crockpot tomorrow before leaving for work, set it on low which should cook it for 10 hours and hope for the best. Grandpa's coming over tomorrow to put up shelves and do a couple of other home repair tasks so he will be my guinea pig on this one. I plan on plying him with wine before hand so he won't notice if it sucks.

I'm going to do my best throughout the day to not picture my house going up in flames due to some horrific crock pot accident while I'm at work.

Popular posts from this blog

February 2020

March 2020

May 2020