House Update

Cuz I know you're dying to hear how it's going...

I spent my afternoon yesterday scraping paint splatters off the tile. The boys were very careful when they painted to not get anything on the carpet. They were much less careful about the tile. I had spots throughout the dining room, hallway and bathroom. I presoaked them in Goo Gone so most of them came up pretty easily. The Goo Gone made the floor really slippery so I had visions of me being that old lady, I've fallen and I can't get up. Made it through mopping without incident and it looks a lot better. Of course, I've since seen three spots I missed.

Grandpa came over last night and hung the set of candle wall sconces I got from Jeanne and John for Christmas. He also recessed the electrical outlet for the stove so it can sit back against the wall and I could regain use of the drawer that it had been blocking.

G did seem a tad disappointed that I hadn't followed up on his decorating tips. I haven't gotten the baker's rack, a picture for over my couch or something to sit on the entertainment stand next to the TV. He added a new suggestion for a small table in the dining room to sit up against the wall below the candle holders.

This decorating bug of his continues to alarm me. He was even trying to schedule a shopping spree for the two of us. I guess he doesn't trust my choices. If he starts suggesting scents for my candles and flowered sheets for my bed I'm going to have to demand proof that he hasn't gone over to the other side. Not that there's anything wrong with that.

Popular posts from this blog

February 2020

March 2020

May 2020