The Baby's Home

Not at his home since he lives in a second story apartment without an elevator.

Not my home since I don't have a guest bedroom yet.

But, at my parents' home where they're very excited to have him.

The Orthopedist got caught up in surgeries and wasn't able to see Steven today. He called the Nursing Station tonight around 10, got Steven's status and told them he would release him if someone would come pick him up. The nurse told Steven and he was on the phone to me in a minute.

I thought the Doctor/Patient relationship was on the upswing but the Doc had insisted on calling me before releasing Steven and didn't want to talk to Steven at all. I told Steven he had two things going against him on this. 1, the Doc's only seen him all doped up and, frankly, he didn't display a lot of coherency and 2, his baby face (it is clearly genetic) probably makes the Doc think he's still a minor.

The Doc called me while I was in the car and I told him I was picking Steven up and would take him to the office tomorrow so he could check out the ankle. He called in a prescription for some pain meds so all was going well.

I got to the hospital and the nurse had hooked Steven up to one last IV of antibiotics so he was still tethered. He was completely packed up, however, and absolutely jonesing to get out of there. They gave him two final Percosets and wheeled him out. One stop at the Walgreen's Pharmacy and we were at my parents.

Within five minutes of arriving, Steven, being Steven, was complaining about the crutches, that there was no cold soda and that he wanted a snack but not the lemon cake, roast beef, carrots...that Shorty was offering. So much for just being happy he was out of the hospital.

I decided that was a good time for me to leave and with a "Good luck with all that!", I bailed.

Popular posts from this blog

February 2020

March 2020

May 2020