Impatient Patient

I stopped by the hospital to visit Steven after work. He is not a happy camper, not that I can blame him.

The Orthopedist came in while I was there to check on him. He wants to keep him in another day and there's a small chance he can get out tomorrow night. That news didn't go over well and I had to hear about it.

I had to hear about a lot of stuff...

He's unhappy that he can't go home, he's weak from not eating but he doesn't want to eat anything because it doesn't taste good, he's tired of lying in the bed but he got worn out trying out the crutches, he's ticked off at the Doctor because he may not visit him tomorrow in time to get him released, he's worried about missing work, the medication he's getting makes him drowsy, his wound was bleeding through a bit, the woman in the room next to him moaned (loudly) all night and all morning...not so much pleasant to be around, to be honest.

At least he was being nice to the staff.

I left him with some graphic novels and the TV and told him I'd be back tomorrow after work. I hope he can go home tomorrow (though it won't be to his home, it'll be to my parents').

Popular posts from this blog

February 2020

March 2020

May 2020