Couple of Wino Days

I went out with some girlfriends on Thursday to Sportsman's, a little wine and snackie place in Central Phoenix. I ordered a glass of Champagne to start (I love the bubblies!) and the server warned me it was on the sweet side. That's exactly the way I like it (cuz I'm so sweet, too, you know) so it was good stuff.

They were having a tasting from a vineyard in Chile called Concha Y Toro. There were three reds (all Cabs) priced at $9, $15 and $42 a bottle. The $42 stuff was awesome (of course, the pricey one should be) but we all loved the $9 one enough that we bought a bottle to split while we were there and each took home a bottle. It's called Casillero del Diablo, vintage 2004. I also picked up the $14 bottle, Marques de Casa Concha, 2003. Good stuff, Maynard.

Last night, Doona invited me out to a February group birthday night. Her birthday was actually yesterday and there were three others there who had birthdays within a week of hers. Pabla was in from Atlanta so she was there, too (for those keeping track, Doona is Pabla's sister).

We met up at a wine bar in downtown Scottsdale called Kazimierz. Really cool place. The entrance is in the back so you sorta have to know how to find it. The inside decor is dark, has lots of brick and wood and could be very romantic with the right person.

They have several flight options which are made up of three different wines with three ounce pours of each. I tried the German combo because it had a Riesling, a Kabinett and a Gewurztraminer and all three were really good. It was a nice way to try a couple of different options.

We all split several pizzas and an antipasta tray and the food was might tasty. Service was super, too, so I'm willing to go back any time.

Popular posts from this blog

February 2020

March 2020

May 2020