I Think This Is Wrong, But I'm Not Sure

I totally want to hit on Steven's doctor. I feel like there's some sort of ethical reason why I shouldn't it but I'll be darned if I can (want to) find one. I'm sure there's probably some reason why he can't hit on me while Steven's his patient, but he'll get better so that will become a moot point.

He doesn't wear a wedding ring. I noticed that on Sunday night when he first examined Steven. That habit (checking the finger) is so ingrained in me that I'll probably check out my mortician just out of reflexes. I'm sure if they were talking about cutting Steven's foot off or something, I might have overcome the instinct but once he had the morphine, he seemed fine so I could drop the alert level. I also checked for the ring when he made the hospital call and when we were at the office visit.

He could just not wear one. I imagine when you're washing your hands, putting on and taking off gloves, and cutting into people all days a ring could get in the way. And, some people just don't wear them because they don't like to.

He's good looking, too. And, he has no complaints with the Medical Board which is nice. I found that out when I googled him to see if I could find any mention of a wife. Didn't find one but found out that he's four years older than I am. That's the highest I've ever gone and way over my usual limit, but, hey, he's a doctor.

Here's what's really motivating me, though. While we were having our post-surgery discussion, we exchanged cards in case I had questions for him or he needed to get a hold of me. I gave him my club card since it has my home and cell number on it. When Steven and I were in his office examining room yesterday, he walked in and the first thing he said was, "What's a Parrot Head Club?"

I gave my usual explanation and Steven and I both talked about the community service work we do. Of course, I mentioned that we do some happy hours, too.

He said, "And, you're the President!"

I said, "Well, it's not that impressive."

He said, "I'm impressed."

Hmmm, he's impressed. That could be my way in.

Steven's got a follow-up appointment on the 27th. You can bet I'll be taking him and that I'll probably be a little more gussied up than usual.

Knowing my luck, he's happily married with a half dozen kidlets but it's fun to at least think about for a while.

Popular posts from this blog

February 2020

March 2020

May 2020