Really, It's Not An Open Door Policy...

It's a beautiful day here in Phoenix so I had my front door open with the security door bolted. I like getting the fresh air in the house and it's pleasant to hear the birds chirping and whatnot.

I was sitting on my couch and balancing my checkbook when I heard several "meow"s. I figured it was the next door kitties out and about but thought they were pretty loud. The meowing went on...and on...and on and I looked over to see if maybe they were begging to get in my door.

That's when I noticed another neighborhood cat was sitting under my dining room table and was the source of the meowing. There's a gap between the security door and the stoop which I have now learned is kitty size.

I tried to reason with the kitty. "You weren't invited in so you need to leave." "Time to go, you don't live here so off with you." Reasoning didn't work. Neither did trying to herd it towards the door. It's true that you can't herd cats.

I finally had to physically put it outside. I like cats but you never know how a strange cat is going to react to being picked up but it didn't seem to mind. It did give me a rather accusatory look while I was shutting the door so it couldn't get back in. I have a feeling this was just an initial skirmish.

Popular posts from this blog

February 2020

March 2020

May 2020