Steven (and cute Doctor) Update

I took Steven in for his follow up appointment this afternoon. They did a set of x-rays and everything looks great. There's some black skin that Steven's been fretting about but the cute Doctor said it still may be OK and he won't need another surgery. He did put Steven on some antibiotics as the skin is a little red around the black.

The drama was with removing the stitches. The assistant did it and she told Steven, "You can say ouch if you want to, but don't move!" The first few weren't too bad but the last couple brought tears to his eyes. I think it was all he could do to sit still while she was working on him. I told him he complained more about the stitches coming out and hurting than he did when he actually dislocated his ankle.

He can go back to work but if his foot swells up or the incision area gets puffy, he will need to take a break. His boss has been on him for details on when he can come in so he should be happy to hear it's this week. For some reason, his boss thinks he can open the store though, which makes no sense. That would require him carrying a bunch of stuff and he's on crutches. Figure out the logistics on that one.

Now, on to the other important topic. The cute Doctor apparently has chronic scheduling issues. His first set of appointments was at 1:30 which is when we got there. However, he was in surgery until 2 and got to the office about an hour late. I thought the patients were going to riot and his office staff would probably have happily given them the tar and feathers.

Steven and I amused ourselves by watching the other patients. There was one old lady sitting with her husband who would loudly burp and never said "Excuse me" even if she did it while talking. There was another lady there with her husband who spent a lot of time on the cell phone so we got to hear all about her. A guy came in (he's clearly been through this before) and asked straight out, "Is he running late? Because I have to be done by 3." He rescheduled and left...

The cute Doctor did apologize for making us wait but there was no time for idle chatting so I couldn't get any scoop on him. I do suspect, however, that he drives my favorite car, a 3 Series BMW convertible.

Steven's next appointment is the week I get back from vacation so I'll have another attempt to charm the cute Doctor. Assuming, he's fixed his scheduling issues by then. I'm doubtful on that....

Popular posts from this blog

February 2020

March 2020

May 2020