If You Were My Birth Certificate, Where Would You Be?

It's interesting how people can can be so different at work than they are at home. I am sooooo organized at work and keep everything. I have folders with notes from meetings three years ago and I can retrieve memos at a moment's notice. I'm the person they go to with questions like, "Who was in that meeting last year about that thing and what was decided?"

At home, not so organized. Especially since the move.

However, I can't really blame this one on the move as I do it every time I go to Mexico or on a cruise...it's the frantic search for my birth certificate. I actually have two copies that are stupidly sitting together...somewhere.

I used to keep them in my jewelry armoire. They're not there now.

I checked my filo-folder of important papers. Not there.

Went through all of my office stuff. No luck.

Looked in some other jewelry boxes and storage baskets in my bedroom. Nope.

Fortunately, the great state of Wisconsin is pretty efficient about retrieving birth certificates. For a fairly reasonable fee, I was able to fax in my request for a certified copy and they'll send it out within 5 to 7 working days. If I'd waited until nearly the last minute, I could have had them overnight it to me for $17 more.

I ordered three copies. One to keep in the armoire, one to take on the cruise then probably lose upon my return and another to give to my parents for safekeeping. The latter was Julie's idea though I have about as much confidence in them keeping track of it as I do in me.

I'm betting that I'll find my current copies by happenstance some time before I leave.

Popular posts from this blog

February 2020

March 2020

May 2020