Reasons To Be Happy That I Have To Work The Fifth Of July

Everyone at work is heading out early today and also asking, "Are you off on Friday?"

Um, no.

My response elicits looks of pity and also incredulity. A lot of people can't imagine why I'm not making it a four day weekend.

Well, I can't because all of my days off for the rest of the year are already earmarked. I'll certainly enjoy those days off then but I'm feeling the need for some bolstering now.

So, in no order of importance, here are the things I'm telling myself to make myself feel better.

  1. At least I have a job.
  2. Traffic will be really light so the commute will be fast and smooth.
  3. I don't have to pay to keep my house at weekend temperature instead of the 86 degrees I leave it at during the week.
  4. We'll probably leave early.
  5. It will be a good time to catch up on project work that requires a lot of concentration.
  6. I can also catch up on some management webinars that I've been meaning to watch.
  7. Someone has to help keep the ship sailing, might as well be me. Maybe I'll get some karma points for it. Or, brownie points.
  8. And...that's it. I'm out of reasons. But, 7 is good, right?
Sigh.

It's going to be a long day (even if it's a short one) on Friday.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

February 2020

March 2020

May 2020