Three Gratitudes - Day 13

Continuing on my quest to feel happiness, I'm going to post three things I'm grateful for for 21 days.
I dig this kid!

  1. Connecting with the generations. Having nearly all of our family live in another state, it's hard to really get to "know" people. That's why the opportunities to connect are so wonderful. While we were having lunch at The Pfister, my phone rang and the theme song from Doctor Who rang out. That's when we found out that my cousin's youngest daughter is a big Whovian and led us into a long conversation. One of my other cousins and her husband and son came to spend the night with us and not only did we get to know her husband better, we got to hang with her son. I'm not saying Steven and I are immature or anything but we did color and read Superman last night.
  2. Card games. Kids in our family are taught to play cards at a very early age. Like as soon as they can hold them. Playing cards is a great way to pass the time, enjoy conversation and trash talk. It can also be a learning opportunity. I had my cousin's son practice his counting as his Mom and I got to ten many times while playing Euchre against my Dad and my cousin's hubster.
  3. Public parks. I don't mind paying taxes when they go to the public good. Phoenix has some great parks but Milwaukee has some amazing ones. It feels like there's a park on every other block and they're clean and well maintained. A lot of them have buildings you can rent to host events which is convenient when you're from out of town and have no idea where to hold an event. 



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

February 2020

May 2020

March 2020