Three Gratitudes - Day 4

Continuing on my quest to feel happiness, I'm going to post three things I'm grateful for for 21 days.

We won the Trophy when this picture was taken...it's been a while.

  1. Our Corporate Challenge Cup games. We have an awesomely big trophy that gets passed to each winning department when they win challenges like bowling, softball, poker, spelling bees, steak eating (seriously), broom ball, darts, electronic games, etc. If an event can be a competition, it counts. Not only does the company support the events, it picks up the cost. The experiences have been great to not only build up team spirit within our department but also to promote relationships with other departments that we don't interact with on a regular basis. I just came from one event and we lost which is a huge bummer but it was dang fun which was fantastic.
  2. A flexible work schedule. Yeah, there are days (and sometimes weeks) where I have to put in a lot of long and specific hours but, for the most part, I can come and go as I please. We ask that everyone who's not telecommuting for the day be in the office between 10 and 2 except for their lunch. Well, I do. My boss would prefer 9 and 2 but, seriously, 9 isn't always good for me. That lets the people who want to come in at 6 (shudder) complete their day and the late birds like me get in their core hours as well. We really have a "if you get your work done it's good attitude." Being a night owl and an insomniac, I really appreciate the flexibility. And, it's fun to surprise them when I show up at 7 AM. Which I really do. Just not very often.
  3. Where I live. My house is located in a great place for the Valley. I'm super close to three different freeways and very near to Four Peaks, one of my most favorite micro-breweries. I drive 9 miles to work and a bad commute is one that takes over 15 minutes. I'm also about 10 minutes from my parents' house so I can get there in a jiffy when need be but I'm not so close that it's easy to just drop in on me. ;) I also have other great bars and restaurants and the Tempe Marketplace literally two minutes away. It really is ideal. While I would love to have a slightly bigger house (which I would just fill up with more junk to be honest) I literally love where I'm at.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

February 2020

March 2020

May 2020