Three Gratitudes - Day 15

Continuing on my quest to feel happiness, I'm going to post three things I'm grateful for for 21 days.


  1. Having a home, sweet, home to return to. I love to travel but no matter how luxurious the hotel or how generous and welcoming your hosts are, nothing beats that moment when you can fall into your own bed after getting home. And, in my case, falling into bed then having 14 purring pounds of fur fall on you. There are many people out there without homes of their own. I'm very grateful that I do.
  2. Beer. Just as with wine, I applaud those who came before us and figured out how to make a fine, fine beverage. Beer provided me with a great topic of conversation on Friday night with a Milwaukee restaurant owner and was the basis of a tour of the Miller Brewery with Steven on Monday. I have lots of great memories from previous tours, too. Beer was also a source of small amazement as Steven and I had bought a couple of cases of Dos Equis, Dos Equis Amber, Tecate and Sol for my parents party and quite a few of our guests had never had them before. When you live in Arizona, those are pretty common so we were surprised.
  3. My company bought me a new MacBookPro. I really liked my old one but it was starting to get problematic. Things were taking a long time to process and my virtual machine was just plain crap. I was in a meeting with my boss and our big boss and the big boss said, "You should buy a new one." I said, "I will!" and submitted the paper work the same day. I tracked the order all during my vacation and it was waiting for me when I got into the office today. So pretty! So light! `So much (literally) cooler (though the battery is still a little warm). The retina display is fantastic to look at. I can't wait to play around with some graphics on it. And, watch a video of some sort. I'm grateful that, in an environment where we really push the limits on equipment, that I was able to get a new machine before mine completely crapped out.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

February 2020

March 2020

May 2020