Three Gratitudes - Day 17

Continuing on my quest to feel happiness, I'm going to post three things I'm grateful for for 21 days.

  1. This exercise seems to be working on improving my outlook. I'm in the middle of Buffett ticket and Parrot Grande craziness and it usually leaves me frazzled. This time, I'm taking it one step at a time and focusing on the positives that I'm going to get to see a lot of friends at both events and we're going to raise a lot of money for charity for the latter. Hopefully, my positive attitude carries through the rest of August.
  2. That I bought my car. I feel very fortunate that when I went to buy a new car, a loaner had been turned in the day before with all the bells and whistles. If I'd had to buy new, I wouldn't have been able to talk myself into the extra money for those features, But I ended up paying about the same as I would have if I'd gone new and without the features and I couldn't be happier. Nearly every time I get in my car, I feel a frisson of joy. It's everything I wanted, a smooth and fast ride and it looks gorgeous. I suspect I'll be keeping it for many years.
  3. That Sugar Daddy gave me a Kindle. I'd resisted the idea of abandoning paper books but Sugar Daddy upgraded to a fancier Kindle and gave me his previous (nearly new) one. The only caveat was I had to give it back if I wasn't using it. Well, I've used it lots. It's absolutely fantastic for travel. I used to take several books with me, even for short trips, and now I just and one, thin item to throw into my bag. If I finish a book, I can just move on to the next one instead of having to pack another in my carry-on. I still get a bunch of paper books from the library but my Kindle is my go-to companion for the road.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

February 2020

March 2020

May 2020