Three Gratitudes - Day 5

Continuing on my quest to feel happiness, I'm going to post three things I'm grateful for for 21 days.

Yeah, someone actually didn't get it.

  1. My nerd herd. I have friends across the country who are into sci-fi/fantasy/tech as much or more than I am but they're far away. My work team is with me five days a week. I'm sure it's a byproduct of being in IT, but the nerd and geek quotients are higher than the mitochondria levels. We have group conversations nearly every day over a variety of topics. Which is our favorite IT Crowd episode? Our innate queasiness at the news that JJ Abrams was directing both Star Trek AND Star Wars. (It's just not right, for some reason.) How Joss Whedon is a genius who kills our favorite characters. And, of course the Mac vs PC discussion. Something related to that comes up nearly every day. We also share pics with each other. I send out the caveat, "If you don't get it, don't tell us because you will be mocked." Tis true. There are some things that people should just "know" and we're constantly amazed when they don't. And, we show no mercy. It's like Revenge of the Nerds meets Lord of the Flies.
  2. Belly laughs. You know, when something is so funny that you're laughing to the edge of tears. Those are awesome. I was at lunch with Sugar Daddy on Thursday and he had me laughing this hard several times. I honestly only remember the subject that inspired one of the laughs but the cumulative effect had me smiling all the way back to the office and well into my afternoon. There is something to the old cliche that laughter is the best medicine.
  3. Steven Charles. As aggravating as my son can be (and he can be really aggravating), I love that we just randomly call each other then spend 40 minutes discussing TV shows, movie and miscellaneous BS. I'm sure it's because we're so close in age and neither of us really wants to be a grownup but we never lack of something to talk about even if it's completely trivial. Those are good times.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

February 2020

March 2020

May 2020