Three Gratitudes - Day 16

Continuing on my quest to feel happiness, I'm going to post three things I'm grateful for for 21 days.

  1. Summer dress code at work. We're really lucky that we can wear shorts from July 1 through Labor Day. They can't be too short or too tight but, man, is it ever nice to not be a sweat box just from going outside during the day. They felt especially good today since I just spent five days in 70 degree weather and today's high was 108. A bit of a rude awakening back to the summer heat.
  2. Phoenix drivers. Yeah, you read that right. I think it's a matter of being used to where you live but every time I spend a few days driving elsewhere, I'm relieved to get home. At least in Phoenix, I know what to expect from the idiot drivers. The Milwaukee drivers were complete tailgaters which we usually don't have. I suspect it's because they're so frustrated at their speed limits. Seriously, 50 on the freeway. Those limits were driving us crazy, I can't imagine living with them every day.
  3. My book club. I think we've been meeting for something like 7 or 8 years now. Shoot, maybe longer. It's a great mix of women of different ages, lifestyles, jobs and overall experiences. The host picks the book and we read very different things so there have been a lot of books that I wouldn't normally have considered reading. Some were true delights and some were truly awful. But, I always enjoy the conversation and spending time with my friends.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

February 2020

March 2020

May 2020