Christmas Shopping with Sugar Daddy

Every year since I’ve known him, Sugar Daddy has taken me Christmas shopping with him. It’s actually more like I do the shopping for him and he pays the bills. His list consists of his Mom, sister, a couple of stepparents and two friends and their kids whom he considers his pseudo niece and nephews.

It starts out the same. We hit a major store and, within 10 minutes, he’s asking, “Are we done yet?” and “Can we go now?” About 5 minutes after that he starts in with, “My feet hurt.” and “Let’s take a break.” 5 minutes after that, all the flashbacks of prior years’ excursions start flooding into my memory and I wonder why I agree to do this year after year after year. That’s when I start making deals with him. “Once we’re done with this store, we can stop for a break.” I try to pack as much into that particular shopping segment because once we stop, momentum is lost and it’s just as likely that he’ll want to quit as get back to shopping.

Even though we have lists, there are still many calls to his Mom, sister and friends that are made to clarify things. We’ve asked about sizes (When you say he’s a 10-12, is it closer to 10 or 12?), color selections (What’s Mom’s favorite color?), last year’s purchases (Did I buy Bill this book last year?), etc. Pretty much, they all know when we’re shopping because their phones don’t stop ringing. Not sure what people did before cell phones…

Of course, the reason I help with his shopping is because I can, at times, be a stereotypical girl who loves shopping. And, it’s so freeing when you have a Sugar Daddy budget…which means no budget at all. He also buys me dinner and any Jimmie Johnson artifact that we come across. This year, I got a Jimmie figurine and dinner at Café Posada.

The oldest nephew is a voracious reader so we clean out the bookstore for him. The niece is into Barbie and Princess stuff so I pick out dolls, clothes, tiaras, boas, even ruby slippers one year. The youngest nephew likes the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles which always reminds me of shopping for Steven years ago. We also pick out a bunch of clothes for each of them (of course, the girl clothes are the most fun).

Even though the sky’s the limit, I do try to save him money. We hit the sale clothes racks first and try to buy mix and match items. When we hit the register, we play the “How much did we spend?” guessing game. On one of our trips to Costco last week, the clerk announced the $700 plus total before we could even make our guesses. Yikes! $200 of that was my purchases but the rest was all his.

It’s good to be on the Sugar Daddy gift list.

Popular posts from this blog

February 2020

March 2020

May 2020