I Thought These Had Gone The Way of The Dinosaur

As usual, I let me gas tank get really low yesterday. The light came on at lunch time and I had planned on gassing up before going to dinner. Of course, there was a minor crisis (they're starting to not even phase me anymore, it's been that bad) at work so I got out late because I had to fix some data. I decided to risk it and I prayed the whole time, "Please let me get there without running out of gas." Then, as I got closer, "Please let there be a gas station near by when I leave."

Fortunately, there was a station just north of the restaurant. I pulled in after dinner and got out. The weirdness began. There was no card swipe on the pump. That's just archaic. I figured I was going to have to pay first at the window and started over there when a guy said, "I'll be with you in just a minute."

That's when it dawned on me, it was a Full Service gas station. Wow, I could get into that!

They pumped my gas, cleaned all of the windows and put air in all of my tires. My left front had been pretty low and I'd put filling it up off for a while because I don't like getting all of the tire gunk on my hands. I know, I'm such a Princess. We also had quite the nice chat about things while they were working.

I have no idea what I paid per gallon, probably way more than I'm used to, and the smallest bill I had in my wallet was a $5 which I gave them as a tip. Heck, I would have had to put at least $1 into one of those air machines and, hey, it's Christmas so I didn't begrudge it.

Can't say I'll make a habit out of going there but it was nice to be pampered.

Popular posts from this blog

February 2020

March 2020

May 2020