Movie Reviews

I’ve been recording a lot of movies on the DVR and watching them while wrapping presents, addressing cards and avoiding unpacking. (Pretty much haven’t opened a box in over a week now.)

Here’s what I’ve watched so far:

Elektra Boring…could have been so much better but it was just dull. The only good thing was seeing Goran Visnjic all scruffy. Yum.

Ocean’s Twelve Actually made Ocean’s Eleven look entertaining in comparison. I thought the plot dragged, Catherine Zeta-Jones was wasted since they made her part so not sexy, Julia Roberts looked haggard and there was not nearly enough George Clooney. George Clooney. Yum.

Waiting for Guffman The only Christopher Guest/Eugene Levy/Catherine O’Hara/Fred Willard/Parker Posey/etc/etc that I haven’t seen. This was very funny. Guest was hilarious. Not as good as Best in Show which is my favorite from this group but worth watching.

The Cat in the Hat Ohmigod, this movie was bad. Mike Meyers just rehashed some tired schtick from Austin Powers that just wasn’t funny. Alec Baldwin tried to add some humor but his efforts were wasted. Do not watch this unless you have insomnia you’re trying to cure.

Star Trek II: The Wrath of Kahn OK, I’ve seen this movie a dozen times but I love it. You can’t beat the overacting of Ricardo Montalban (“He tasks me!”, “Mine is the superior intellect.”) and William Shatner (“I don’t believe in the no-win scenario.”, “Kahn!”). It’s my second favorite of the movies after Star Trek IV: The Voyage Home.


Independence Day Another flick I love and seen a bunch of times. I still cry when the President's wife dies. I would like to comfort Bill Pullman...if you know what I mean and I think you do.

I've got a whole bunch more queued up for the weekend. Anything to not unpack...

Popular posts from this blog

February 2020

March 2020

May 2020