Good Eats

My boss and I decided a while back to go out to lunch once a month. The purpose is to give us time to just chat about personal stuff and relax away from the office. It's nice.

She offered to buy today if I picked the place. That was a good deal for me. I think it was her way of saying "thanks" for the time I've put in lately.

I picked the Coronado Cafe in Central Phoenix. It's a little old house with wood floors and the chairs are refurbished school chairs, circa 1950s or so. The food is always great. I had a turkey sandwich that was quite yummy. Lots of turkey and cheese, a thin slice of red onion, fancy lettuce and cranberry sauce on multi-grain. She had 1/2 of a chicken salad sandwich and a bowl of their chicken corn chowder soup and she thought it was pretty darn good. It all seems to be good stuff, Maynard.

The highlight, however, was the dessert. We split a Bailey's creme brulee that was to die for. Awesome!

Popular posts from this blog

February 2020

March 2020

May 2020