It's Frickin' Freezing!

It is so dang cold out! I haven't resorted to mittens yet but it's getting close. The lows have been in the 30s and I can only guess at the wind chill. I would guess about 15 on Saturday night.

I know there are some of you out there who are thinking, "30s are frickin' freezing? Try that for a high temp and throw a couple of feet of snow into the mix. What wimps these Phoenicians are!"

But, I have a theory. We're not wimps, we just don't have time to adjust before it gets to these temps. In other parts of the country, they have these things called "seasons" which I vaguely remember from my youth in America's Dairyland. There was one called "fall" which led from the heat of summer into the cold of winter. I recall it was quite pleasant. You could leave your windows open all the time and at night you maybe threw on a sweater.

In the Valley of the Sun, our versions of seasons are "frickin' hot" and "frickin' cold". One day, you have your A/C on and the next it's your heater. Sometimes, that even happens in the same day. Saturday, I was out on the golf course wearing a Hawaiian shirt and enjoying the sun. Saturday night, I was huddled up in my jacket with my hands stuffed in to my pockets, shivering and considering mugging the guy next to me for his jacket.

It won't be long before I break out the footie pajamas...brrrrrrrr.

Popular posts from this blog

February 2020

March 2020

May 2020